I am looking at building a bunch of virtualized machines, and I have no idea what software I should be using.
- I want to create and run images on Linux and OS X
- I want those images to be runnable on Linux, OS X, and Solaris (optional)
- I want to make images that run Linux, Windows, and Solaris
- I want to run one set of images on a box connected to the internet, and have those images appear as separate machines.
- Bonus round: I want there to be some ISP/hosting provider that I can send images to and have them hosted.
I am assuming that my choice are: VMWare, Parallels, and VirtualBox.
Useful pointers and advice appreciated.